(a) There is hereby created and established an Employee Benefits Contribution Fund for the City of Overbrook Library for the purpose of paying employer’s share of social security benefits for the employees of said library.
(b) The Governing Body of the City of Overbrook, Kansas, shall, pursuant to K.S.A. 12-16,102, levy an annual tax upon all taxable, tangible property within he taxing subdivision in an amount determined by the Governing Body to be necessary for the purpose for which such employee benefits contribution fund was created.
(c) Taxes levied by the governing body of the City of Overbrook, Kansas, for such fund shall be exempt from the limitations imposed by K.S.A. 79-5001 to 79-5016, inclusive, and amendments thereto.
(Ord. 120; Code 2016)
(a) The following are designated as main trafficways of the city pursuant to K.S.A. 12-685 et seq. for purposes of bond financing certain improvements:
(1) 10th Street from Maple Street to the West City limits;
(2) 9th Street from Maple Street to the West City limits;
(3) Oak Street from 9th Street to 10th Street;
(4) 7th Street from Cedar Street to Locust Street;
(5) 7th Street from Western Heights Drive to West City limits;
(6) 6th Street from Cedar Street to Locust Street;
(7) 5th Street from Western Heights Drive to City Park entrance;
(8) 4th Street from Western Heights Drive to City Park entrance;
(9) West Santa Fe Trail from Western Heights Drive to West City limits;
(10) Market Street from Oak Street to Walnut Street;
(11) 2nd Street from Oak Street to Walnut Street;
(12) 2nd Street from Surrey Street to Devon Street;
(13) 1st Street from Maple Street to West City limits;
(14) 1st Street from Cedar Street to East City limits;
(15) Maple Street from U.S. Highway 56 to South City limits;
(16) Walnut Street from Market Street to 2nd Street;
(17) Cedar Street from 1st Street to U.S. Highway 56;
(18) Ash Street from 1st Street to 5th Street;
(19) Oak Street from 1st Street to 2nd Street;
(20) Oak Street from 6th Street to 7th Street;
(21) Locust Street from Market Street to U.S. Highway 56;
(22) Western Heights Drive from 4th Street to U.S. Highway 56;
(23) Devon Street from South City limits to West Santa Fe Trail; and
(24) Surrey Street from South City limits to West Santa Fe Trail,
(collectively, the “Streets”), the primary function of said Streets being the movement of through traffic between areas of concentrated activity within the City or between such areas within the City and traffic facilities outside the City performing the function of major trafficways, are hereby designated and established as main trafficways, pursuant to K.S.A. 12-685 et seq.
(K.S.A. 12-685 et seq.; Ord. 345; Code 2016)
(a) A majority of the electors voting thereon having approved, at a special question election held on the 4th day of August, 1998, the levying of a retailers’ sales tax in the City of Overbrook, for the purpose of providing additional revenue for an adequate level of public services within the city, as authorized by K.S.A. 12-187 et seq., as amended, there is hereby levied a city retailers’ sales tax in the amount of one percent (1.0%) to take effect on the 1st day of January, 1999.
(b) Except as may otherwise be provided by law, such tax shall be identical in its application and exemptions therefrom to the Kansas Retailers’ Sales Tax Act and all laws and administrative rules and regulations of the Kansas Department of Revenue relating to the state retailers’ sales tax shall apply to such city retailers’ sales tax insofar as such laws and regulations may be made applicable. The services of the Department of Revenue shall be utilized to administer, enforce and collect such tax.
(Ord. 217; Code 2016)